- Available Slots: 10
- Cancellation: Not Allowed.
- Age: 2 - 70
Mid Autumn Festival Parent-Child Workshop | Orchard
SGD 88 for a 1.5 hours workshop, for 1 parent + 1 child
Additional parent OR child at an additional SGD 20 fee. To book for 3 pax, go here: https://smarter.me/course/1000830
Key learning objectives:
Mid Autumn is more than just mooncakes (although to many of us, its the best part!) and we want to share the magical and meaningful stories behind the Festival, which has been celebrated for hundreds of years, with you and your child.
Join us at this limited and fun-filled hands on Mid Autumn Festival workshops where the both of you will be treated to a wondrous and educational journey from the past to present. Learn the story of Chang E and the Jade Rabbit through our engaging storytelling sessions which incorporate AR and games, build your own whimsical lanterns, learn to whip up deliciously soft snowskin mooncakes from a professional chef and don costumes that transport you back into the mystical legend!
Your chef will be Autumn Brown, a designer, crafter, cook and baker who has spent years in the advertising and design industry. Not to be limited in one craft, she went for a full time diploma in culinary school and had stints in kitchens of fine dining restaurants, with experience in both western and Asian cuisines. She is now a full time food service provider, part time experimental cook and food designer. She hosts foodie workshops and bespoke private dining experiences and focuses on using the best and freshest ingredients for simple, delicious and easy culinary creations!
What you will achieve/learn at the end of course:
1) Bring home 4 lovingly self-made snowskin mooncakes
2) Learn phonics
3) Bring home your own whimsical lantern and Jade Rabbit mask
4) Listen to the story of Chang Er and the Jade Rabbit, told through AR!
5) Don Chang Er and Hou Yi costumes, take photos at the custom-made photo booth, and leave with great memories of an afternoon well spent with your child
All materials and equipment provided.
- Maximum 30 pairs only
- This workshop is held at Trehaus, a family-friendly co-working space in Claymore Connect. It is an enclosed, bright space, fully air-conditioned for your comfort. There's also cafes and eateries below for the husband who wants to hang around.
- Claymore Connect is within walking distance (500m) from ION Orchard MRT station. If driving, the mall car park is linked to Orchard Hotel.
- The experience is recommended for children aged 2-9
Trehaus, Claymore Connect, 442 Orchard Road, #03-01, Singapore 238879
About The Instructor
The School of Concepts started when a group of passionate and experienced educators got together with the aim to empower children from all walks of life with literacy.
Through their bespoke phonics curriculum, which encourages interactive learning through experiences, play, and the arts, they aim to equip all children with the ability to spell, read, write and create. SoC also believes in educating through technology, taking the best of tech and infusing it with their pedagogy to create Pocket Phonics, where children can learn anytime and anywhere.
They believe that every child should have an equal head start and dedicate their efforts in nurturing independent lifelong learners.
The approach of School of Concepts is all about holistic elements of sequential learning, arts & craft, speech & drama and play for an all-rounded style of education for children to learn English in a fun-filled environment. They built and created their own curriculum, teaching materials, and books over five years, customized for local children and beautifully made and color-coded. Every book is full of fun, engaging activities for parents and kids, detachable flash cards, stories, coloring and more!